Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple recipe with simple ingredients.
- 1 lb rack of lamb (any weight will do)
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 3 tablespoons thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Heat pan on medium-high heat and add oil.
- Pat the rack of lamb dry.
- Coat lamb on all sides with salt & pepper.
- Add lamb to pan fat-side down. Cook for 2 minutes.
- You may need to lower the heat and that's okay. We're just searing it for now. Turn lamb and cook 2 minutes. For 10 minutes rotate the rack every 2 minutes.
- Place the rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Place foil loosely over the rack and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and seal the loose foil around the roasting pan. Let rest for 10 minutes. This should yield a medium-rare chop. Slice between the ribs and serve.