- 4 quail
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mushroom
- toast or rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare quail.
- Wrap bacon around each quail, securing with skewers or toothpicks.
- Put birds in shallow buttered pan; cover and bake at 350 F.
- ,about 30 minutes, basting with mixture of lemon juice and water.
- When birds are tender, remove from oven.
- Add mushrooms and heat.
- Serve on toast or rice with gravy.