Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Taken from the back of a Campbells Vegetable stock packet.
- 1 1⁄4 kg pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- extra grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200c. Place pumpkin in a large roasting dish, toss through 1 T oil. Bake for 20 mins or until tender.
- Place stock in saucepan, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in another saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook for 5 minutes Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Add 1 cup warm stock to rice. Stir constantly until stock has absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until stock is absorbed. Once all stock is added and rice is tender, stir through spinach, Parmesan, pine-nuts and pumpkin.
- Serve with parmesan.