Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
From Super Food Ideas Feb 2006. Modified slightly to reduce the fat content. Original recipe had 8 whole eggs
- 1 1⁄4 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded & cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 100 g Baby Spinach
- 75 g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 230 deg Celsius Line a large roasting pan with baking paper. Place pumpkin and onion in pan and lightly spray with cooking spray. Season to your liking with salt a pepper. Roast for 18-20 min or until vegetables are tender. Remove pan from oven place the spinach over the hot vegetables to wilt.
- Line a 16.5 x 26 cm slab pan or baking disk with baking paper. Allow a 2 cm overhang at both long ends. Spread pumpkin, onion, and spinach over the base of the pan then top with feta.
- Whisk eggs, eggwhites, milk, salt and pepper in a jug. Pour evenly over the feta and vegetables. Bake for 35 min or until set. Stand for 10 minute.