Recipe by BurtonFanatic
Yummy comfort food. I'm thinking about serving this at my fall wedding. For vegetarians, sub vegtable stock for the chicken.
- 2 lbs pumpkin or 2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 dash olive oil
- salt and pepper
- toasted coconut, shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Place pumpkin on a cookie sheet; drizzle lightly with olive oil. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Place a large sauce pan over medium heat; add pumpkin, stock and curry powder. Cook for a few minutes.
- Place pumpkin mixture in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan. Mix in coconut milk; heat for a few minutes until hot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with shaved coconut.