1/6 Photos of Roasted Pumpkin Soup With Roasted Garlic
I love roasted vegetables. I love pumpkin soup. Put them together and you have the best pumpkin soup with none of the hassle of peeling the pumpkin. Also, no dairy products necessary for the creamiest soup ever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pumpkin into wedges and then into about 3cm cubes.
- 2Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper in a roasting tin.
- 3Cut the top off a head of garlic and drizzle a little oil over the cloves.
- 4Wrap the garlic in tin foil and add to the pumpkin.
- 5Roast at 200C for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- 6Meanwhile, coarsely chop the onion, celery and carrot and fry until the onion is translucent.
- 7Add the ground cumin and fry briefly.
- 8Add the water, Worcestershire sauce (a couple of shakes of the bottle), salt, pepper and chili (if you like a bit of heat in your soup).
- 9Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove the skin from the cooked pumpkin.
- 11Squeeze out the roasted garlic and add to the soup along with the pumpkin. You may need to add some water at this stage to just cover the vegetables.
- 12Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 13Blend with a stick blender and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- 14You may also need to add yet more water if the soup is too thick. I like my soup really thick. My kids used to eat this by spreading it on their bread instead of dipping the bread in the soup!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pumpkin Soup With Roasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.3
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g