This rich, thick vegetable soup goes well with freshly-made tasty blue cheese bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 lbs pumpkin, peeled, cut into chunks
- 6 large tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
For the bread
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F
- 2Place the pumpkin, tomatoes and onion in a roasting tin, tuck in the rosemary and drizzle on the oil.
- 3Roast for 40 minutes until slightly blackened. Leave to cool.
- 4Meanwhile, sift the flours into a mixing bowl and add the bicarbonate of soda.
- 5Stir in the cheese cubes and enough buttermilk to make a soft dough.
- 6Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead lightly.
- 7Shape into a round loaf and score a cross into the top. Place the loaf on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 8Cook in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until brown.
- 9Just before the end of the cooking time, sprinkle on the crumbled cheese.
- 10Once the vegetables are cool blend them until smooth with the vegetable stock. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 11Pour the soup into a saucepan and heat through. Stir in the cream, making sure that the soup does not boil.
- 12Serve a bowl of soup with a chunk of the bread.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pumpkin Soup With Blue Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.6
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 646.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: