Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was obtained from the Italian Cooking and Living Website.
- seeds of 2 sugar pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 sugar pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves, garlic- minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups stock
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat 400°F Cut the pumpkins in half and scoop out the seeds, reserving them for the garnish.
- Brush pumpkins with olive oil and place, flesh down, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until softened. Remove skins.
- Remove and turn oven heat to low. Wash the seeds well, and remove any extra flesh. Dry the seeds in the oven for 3 hours, then toss them with olive oil, cayenne pepper and salt. Toast in the oven at 250 F until golden. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, garlic, onion, and chili flakes over medium heat. Cook until softened. Add pumpkin flesh.
- Remove from the heat and pass through a food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan, and stir in the chicken broth until desired consistency is reached.
- Add heavy cream to thicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds.