Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Organic Style magazine. Try this as a garnish with my Roasted Squash and Garlic Soup With Sage.
- 1 cup green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional) or 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and toss well to coat.
- Transfer seeds and any liquid to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread out mixture evenly in a single layer.
- Toast just until the seeds are golden brown and become fragrant, approximately 10-15 minutes. Stir mixture occasionally to brown evenly. WATCH OVEN CAREFULLY!
- Let cool. Once cooled, keep in airtight container.
I liked this pretty well but think I would have preferred to have left off the paprika (thought cayenne would be too hot) and just let the maple syrup flavor come through more. Just a personal preference. I will make again, however! Thanks!