Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This I made with spices Kim sent me from Texas!You can buy them on line or you may be lucky enough to have it in your area. I made this with seeds from a small pumpkin so adjust accordingly. You may not think its enough seasoning before baking but it will turn a nice golden color and be full of taste.
- 2⁄3 cup unwashed pumpkin seeds, from a pumpkin, fibre removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon penzeys seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered chipotle pepper (Chili Today-Hot Tamale)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Mix all ingredients together and place on a cookie sheet pan in a single layer.
- Cook in a 350 oven until butter is melted.
- Lower oven to 275 degrees, mix and spread seed into single layer and bake till crisp about 30-40 minutes.40 minutes.
Not sure what happened but made half a recipe using butternut squash seeds. I baked for 30 min. but they were burned already.
the worsteshire sauce makes it nice ...i did boil my seeds first but i dont think you would have to :) thanks rita
I love punkin seeds. These were very different- loved the spices. You can always buy sunflower seeds seasoned but not pumpkin seeds. Now I can do it myself! YA! Thanks Rita! Just in time for the BIG punkin carving contests!