Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I love roasting pumpkin seeds, and it's a fun project to do with the kids, grandkids...
Top Review by awalde
Squash is so yummy in this way.
I enjoyed it twice: as Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - Halloween Thanksgiving ( #261686) with olive oil instead of butter and as Oven Roasted Hokkaido Squash (#350530) with seame seeds-salt mix instead of gomashio. I prepared both simultaneously for saving time and energy.
Both delicious! Thanks!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Separate the seeds from the pumpkin flesh. using a colander under running water to make the job a little easier. Remove all the flesh and the strings, so they donï¿½t burn in the oven.
- Dry the seeds with layers of paper towels or a dishtowel.
- Spread the butter onto a cookie sheet and place it in the oven. When the butter melts, add the pumpkins seeds.
- Season with salt.
- Mix everything together on the cookie sheet, then spread the seeds out, and place back into the oven.
- Roast for 15-30 minutes, until the pumpkin seeds are golden brown.
- Be sure to shake the pan every once in a while so the seeds donï¿½t burn.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let cool.
- Get creative with their pumpkin seeds, and season with various herbs and spices.
- Try mixing in some garlic powder, celery powder, Cajun seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, hot sauce, red pepper flakes (be careful) or even some Worchestershire sauce.