1/2 Photos of Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - Halloween Thanksgiving
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
I love roasting pumpkin seeds, and it's a fun project to do with the kids, grandkids...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400.
- 2Separate the seeds from the pumpkin flesh. using a colander under running water to make the job a little easier. Remove all the flesh and the strings, so they donï¿½t burn in the oven.
- 3Dry the seeds with layers of paper towels or a dishtowel.
- 4Spread the butter onto a cookie sheet and place it in the oven. When the butter melts, add the pumpkins seeds.
- 5Season with salt.
- 6Mix everything together on the cookie sheet, then spread the seeds out, and place back into the oven.
- 7Roast for 15-30 minutes, until the pumpkin seeds are golden brown.
- 8Be sure to shake the pan every once in a while so the seeds donï¿½t burn.
- 9Remove the pan from the oven, and let cool.
- 11Get creative with their pumpkin seeds, and season with various herbs and spices.
- 12Try mixing in some garlic powder, celery powder, Cajun seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, hot sauce, red pepper flakes (be careful) or even some Worchestershire sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - Halloween Thanksgiving
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1127.6
- Calories from Fat 983
- Total Fat 109.2 g
- Saturated Fat 40.3 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 413.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.4 g