I love roasting pumpkin seeds, and it's a fun project to do with the kids, grandkids...
Make and share this Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - Halloween Thanksgiving recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Separate the seeds from the pumpkin flesh. using a colander under running water to make the job a little easier. Remove all the flesh and the strings, so they donï¿½t burn in the oven.
- Dry the seeds with layers of paper towels or a dishtowel.
- Spread the butter onto a cookie sheet and place it in the oven. When the butter melts, add the pumpkins seeds.
- Season with salt.
- Mix everything together on the cookie sheet, then spread the seeds out, and place back into the oven.
- Roast for 15-30 minutes, until the pumpkin seeds are golden brown.
- Be sure to shake the pan every once in a while so the seeds donï¿½t burn.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and let cool.
- Get creative with their pumpkin seeds, and season with various herbs and spices.
- Try mixing in some garlic powder, celery powder, Cajun seasoning, Old Bay seasoning, hot sauce, red pepper flakes (be careful) or even some Worchestershire sauce.