Recipe by spatchcock
This is an adopted recipe that I've not yet had the chance to make. If I were trying it, though, I'd add some spices, like cayenne, garlic powder, and other savory spices to improve upon it (see below review by original poster).
Top Review by Fauve
I posted this recipe for someone who was looking for roasted pumpkin seeds. I found it online... now after finally trying this recipe, I have to say that results are disappointing.
- 4 1⁄4 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl combine pumpkin seeds, cooking oil, and salt.
- Spread mixture onto a waxed-paper-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Let stand for 24 to 48 hours or till dry, stirring occasionally.
- Remove waxed paper from baking pan.
- Toast seed in a 325 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Let cool slightly.
- Pat seeds with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Package 1/4 cup of the seeds in each bag or place seeds in the center of 6 inch square pieces of colored cellophane wrap, then bring up edges.
- Tie closed with the ribbon.