Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Its that time of year and I just roasted my pumpkin seeds so thought I would share.
- pumpkin seeds
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Separate fresh seeds from all the yuck inside your pumpkin and rinse them very well, removing any pieces of pumpkin goo.
- In a bowl,cover with cold water and add the salt,let sit overnight.
- Drain water and let seeds dry for an hour then preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place seeds on a cookie sheet in one layer and pour the oil over them, mixing well.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- When cooked, remove from oven and shake some more salt to taste.
Good taste, I used butternut squash seeds but way too oily that's why I dropped a star
I had a pumpkin I needed to use for another recipe so I decided to have a go at roasting the seeds but I hadn't done it since I was a child. So, I was happy to find this recipe and it was really easy to follow. My pumpkin wasn't very big so I also only used 2 tablespoons of oil and that worked fine. They were very tasty treats to nibble on at the computer today. Made for Holiday Tag.
Really easy and great results. The seeds are very tasty, better than any other pumpkin seeds I've ever had. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheet, got about 1 1/2 cups from one pumpkin, and used Xtra virgin olive oil and sea salt. For that amount of seeds, 2 tbsp oil is plenty. I was surprised when I heard a cracking, snapping sound and found out it was coming from the oven! I figured they were done then! Thanks very much for posting, Lorrie.