Recipe by urbanhippiemama
I had this at a party, and it was SO delicious!! I made it myself one day, and used what I had: delicata squash instead of pumpkin, and feta instead of goat cheese. We ate it with tortilla chips, and it was so good. Hope you enjoy.
- 1⁄2 squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (pumpkin, butternut)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 small red onions, quartered lengthwise through the root
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 4 ounces organic goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 large lemon, juice of, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the pumpkin or butternut cubes, garlic cloves, and onion quarters in a plastic bag, add the salt and paprika and shake until well covered. Add half the olive oil and shake again.
- Brush roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil, then arrange the pumpkin or butternut, garlic, and onions over the base. Add the tomatoes, brush with oil, and prick the tops with a toothpick or fork. Trickle 1-2 tablespoons oil over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 400 for 10 minutes, then remove the tomatoes just as the skins begin to split. Continue roasting until the onions and pumpkin or butternut are tender.
- Remove from the oven and divide between 4 salad plates. To each plate add 2 tablespoons cooked lentils, a quarter of the goat cheese. Sprinkle with lemon juice and about 2-4 teaspoons olive oil.