I had this at a party, and it was SO delicious!! I made it myself one day, and used what I had: delicata squash instead of pumpkin, and feta instead of goat cheese. We ate it with tortilla chips, and it was so good. Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (pumpkin, butternut)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 small red onions, quartered lengthwise through the root
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 4 ounces organic goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 large lemon, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1Put the pumpkin or butternut cubes, garlic cloves, and onion quarters in a plastic bag, add the salt and paprika and shake until well covered. Add half the olive oil and shake again.
- 2Brush roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil, then arrange the pumpkin or butternut, garlic, and onions over the base. Add the tomatoes, brush with oil, and prick the tops with a toothpick or fork. Trickle 1-2 tablespoons oil over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast in a preheated oven at 400 for 10 minutes, then remove the tomatoes just as the skins begin to split. Continue roasting until the onions and pumpkin or butternut are tender.
- 4Remove from the oven and divide between 4 salad plates. To each plate add 2 tablespoons cooked lentils, a quarter of the goat cheese. Sprinkle with lemon juice and about 2-4 teaspoons olive oil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pumpkin Salad
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.6
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 737.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 12.9 g