1/4 Photos of Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
1 hr 20 mins
Something new for pumpkins. From FabulousFoods.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 firm Japanese pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 -7 cups vegetable stock, well heated
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1Preheat oven to 450° F.
- 2Carefully cut the kabocha in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- 3Season each half with salt and pepper before placing in the oven.
- 4Roast for 30-45 minutes on a baking sheet.
- 5When cooled, scoop out flesh and reserve.
- 6Cook the risotto: In a medium sized, heavy sauce pan, heat 3 T of olive oil.
- 7Saute the onion to soften (2-3 minutes).
- 8Add the Arborio rice and coat well with the oil while stirring.
- 9Over medium-high heat, add the white wine and begin to add the 6-7 cups of stock, a cup at a time, adding more as the rice absorbs it.
- 10Cook, stirring constantly, for 15-20 minutes or until the risotto is"al dente.
- 11"When ready to serve, finish by adding the Kabocha, butter, parsley and parmesan.
- 12The risotto should be smooth and shiny.
- 13IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to obtain best results, the stock added to risotto should always be hot before it is added.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 99.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: