1/3 Photos of Roasted Pumpkin (Or Winter Squash) on Lamb's Lettuce
This salad makes a lovely starter at a fall dinner party. It is a combination of lamb's lettuce topped with warm roasted pumpkin or squash, drizzled with a beautiful dressing and sprinkled with toasted pumpkin seeds. You may want to substitute the lamb's lettuce with another lettuce, although I must say the combination works beautifully. This serves 6 as a starter or 2-3 as a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
pumpkin or winter squash
- 600 g pumpkin (22oz) or 600 g winter squash (22oz)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin or squash. Cut into can 1.5cm pieces. Put on a lined tin.
- 3Skin and mince garlic. Pick thyme leaves from sprigs. Mix minced garlic and thyme leaves with paprika and olive oil. Brush pieces of pumpkin/squash with mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast in 180°C/350°F oven on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes.
- 6Make dressing with orange juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil. Wash lamb's lettuce and dry very well. Toast pumpkin seeds/squash seeds in a skillet WITHOUT oil/butter on low heat (watch them).
- 8Arrange lamb's lettuce on 6 plates and top with warm pumpkin/squash. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Pumpkin (Or Winter Squash) on Lamb's Lettuce
Serving Size: 1 (577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.7
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: