I found this in the "Super Food Ideas" magazine, we have had it several times and all love it. Cooking time is including roasting the pumpkin.
- 1 1⁄2 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 5 cups boiling water
- 150 g Baby Spinach
- 1 cup shredded coon Italian cheese
- Preheat oven to 220°C Arrange pumpkin, in a single layer, in a lightly greased roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bacon and onion. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until onion is soft. Add garlic and rice. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add stock powder and boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove lid and cook for a further 10 to 12 minutes or until rice has absorbed most of stock. Remove from heat. Stir in pumpkin, spinach and 3/4 cup cheese. Spoon into bowls. Top with cheese. Season with pepper and serve.
Great! Adding some white wine was the only change, and a knob of butter at the end. I used parmesan cheese. Thanks!
I needed to get rid of abundance of pumpkins in my house. My rizotto did not look like on the picture,because all pumkin "melted" into the rice and you couldn't see it at all. I did not use any bacon and used some dried hebs for flavor I'm giving it 4 stars for flavor and 5 stars for the idea. Thank you.