Recipe by JackieOhNo!
My husband clipped this recipe from a magazine about 7 years ago, which is something he had never done before. When he brought it home, I agreed to make it for him, and it was great. Since then, I have served it as a first course at many holiday meals. You can also serve it as an hors d'oeuvres.
Top Review by sloe cooker
I loved eating this and enjoyed making these up. I steamed the asparagus for 15 minutes in my turbo cooker. While they were cooling on papertowels I had 3 oz of prosciutto ham, cut it in 4 lengthwise strips to wrap the asparagus. The parmesan cheese was a little messy, but it really was fun to make. Cooked in the oven for 12 minutes. My Dad was visiting me and he must have enjoyed too, I think he had 3 helpings! This will be made again. Thanks, JackieOhNo! for posting this recipe.
- 24 medium asparagus spears (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 lb imported prosciutto (12 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim asparagus evenly. Cut each slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise.
- Place asparagus and boiling water in a large roasting pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Stream asparagus for about 10 to 15 minutes, until tender. Remove asparagus and dry on paper towels. Drain water from roasting pan and dry.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, lay 1 strip of prosciutto. Sprinkle with about 1 t. Parmesan cheese. Place one asparagus spear at 1 end and roll up, slightly overlapping proscuitto as your roll, and covering most of the spear. Repeat with remaining asparagus, prosciutto, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place wrapped asparagus in roasting pan and roast for about 10 minutes, until prosciutto just begins to brown.