Cook2 hrs 15 mins
I have made this recipe many times using baby back pork ribs, the sauce from this is amazing, I have even added in a bottle of barbecue sauce in with the other ingredients! All ingredients can be doubled and adjusted to suit taste ---I most always serve these ribs with homemade fries or potato pancakes, see my Kittencal's Crispy Potato Pancakes --- If you prefer a more spicy sauce just increase the cayenne or add in some crushed chili peppers to taste --- make certain to roast the bones in the oven for about 45 minutes before cooking them in the sauce it improves the flavor.
- 6 -7 lbs beef bones (prime rib roast bones)
- seasoning salt (do not use too much salt to season the ribs!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cider vinegar (can use white vinegar also or half and half)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 large onions, coarsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Prepare and grease a casserole or baking pan (large enough to hold ribs and sauce).
- Season prime rib bones (baby back pork ribs if using) with seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the ribs in the casserole dish, and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for about 45-50 minutes; drain any fat.
- In a bowl mix together the garlic, ketchup vineger, both sugars, chili powder, cayenne pepper and mustard powder; mix well to combine.
- Add in chopped onions; mix well.
- Pour the sauce over ribs, and mix with your hands to coat the ribs.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 - 1-1/2 hours or until the beef (or pork) ribs are tender (baste occasionally, and season sauce salt and pepper if desired).