Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Mario Batali, these are good, easy, tasty potatoes.
- 6 large waxy potatoes (such as yukon gold)
- 1 head garlic, divided into cloves
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch cubes and blanch 2 minutes in boiling water. Remove and drain. Place on baking sheet and add garlic, rosemary and olive oil. Season with salt and fresh pepper and place in oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden-brown. Remove and serve immediately.
Lovely simple spuds to do which turned out lovely & crispy...I would have liked a bit more rosemary flavour so would infuse the oil with it first next time or use more but great recipe all the same.. Thanks for posting!
Awesome, terrific. I've never par boiled potatoes before roasting so wasn't sure what to expect. Excellent results For ZWT.
We thought these were just delicious. Potatoes & Garlic, perfect combination! I made this to accompany Recipe #243405 for a Greek dinner last nite and they were thoroughly enjoyed by both of us. Straight to the cookbook with this easy but delicious side dish. Made for ZWT4.