Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
Anything with potatoes goes down well in my family.
Top Review by JustJanS
Made this for dinner tonight and while it was quick and easy to put together, we found it a bit acidic and lacking in anything "spicy". I think a bit more sugar, a bit less wine and a good pinch of chilli would remedy those criticisms. A fresh herb to finish would be good too. We love wine and tomatoes, but this didn't quite do it for us.
- 6 potatoes, peeled cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt
- 425 g canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in baking dish. Toss with oil, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake in moderate oven (180 C) for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown.
- Combine the rest of ingredients in saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Fold through potatoes, heat through.