Recipe by I'mPat
From Australian Better Homes and Garden Diabetic Living issue 10 2007. NUTRITION INFO per serving - 505kj, total fat 3.8g (sat. fat 0.5g), cholesterol 0mg, sodium 4mg, carbs 17g, fibre 2.7g, protein 3.1g, carb. exchanges 1, GI est. High. It is suggested for a quick lunch - toss the still warm potatoes from the oven with mixed salad green, grilled squash, corn and capsicum (bell peppers) and pour over 100% fat free balsamic dressing and serve.
Top Review by MrsSPheonix
We got my Dad's old BBQ when he bought a new one. Made this recipe as stated, except to start them in the oven, then finished on the BBQ. Garlic, sage & lemon are such a delicious combination, & the BBQ gave these crispy potatoes a delightful smoky flavour. Will make these again, thanks for sharing :-)
- 1 kg potato (unpeeled, Desiree recommended)
- 1⁄3 cup sage leaf (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 garlic cloves (large, crushed or minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- extra sage leaf (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan (with a lid) and cover with plenty of cold water.
- Cover and bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered for 10 minutes, or until tender but still firm.
- Drain well and while still warm, cut them into quarters.
- While potatoes are cooking, in a small bowl combine the finely chopped sage, zest, oil, water, garlic and pepper.
- Spray a 3 litre (12 cup) capacity baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes in the dish, pout over the sage mixture and gently toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Bake, turning once halfway during cooking, about 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Garnish with the extra sages leaves if using.