Recipe by Malarkey Test
A great alternative to mashed.
Top Review by Rise`
I really enjoyed this Gay. I didn't have kosher salt so I had to omit that and I used rosemary instead of sage as I was making Chicken with lots of garlic (#15057) and it calls for rosemary. Next time I will definately try the sage! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small potatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sage leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- fresh pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F and place a large, heavy skillet or roasting pan in the oven to heat.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water. Put on high heat to boil. Once boiling, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well, and place on paper towels. put the flour on a plate. When the potatoes are dry, roll them in the flour to coat.
- Remove the hot skillet from the oven and add the oil and potatoes. Roast, shaking the pan occasionally until the potatoes are golden brown all over, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the garlic, sage and butter. Return to the oven for one minute.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and serve.