From Nigella Lawson. These always turn out perfect!
Make and share this Roasted Potatoes With Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dry the potatoes, but don't bother to peel them.
- cut them into about 3/4-inch dice.
- Toss in a large oven tray and pour over the oil, smulching around with your hands to mix well.
- Separate the head of garlic into cloves adding them to the tray.
- Roast for about 1 hour, turning once or twice during that time, until crispy and golden but still soft on the inside.
- When they're done, remove to a large plate and sprinkle with salt.
I hate to give a bad review because I really thought I was going to love this. But the temp was too high and the cooking time too long. My garlic was completely burnt all the way through and the potatoes were too dry and overcooked. I should have taken them out after 30 minutes when I was shaking the pan and noticed the garlic partially burnt, but I trusted the time given the good reviews. My guess is it only need about 30 minutes total.
This is great with so little seasoning! Next time, I will definitely add the garlic in half way through cooking. It got a bit brown/burnt this way
We loved these potatoes. It was so nice to get the garlic flavor without having to mince the garlic! Think it added to the taste because it made that nice garlic paste you get from roasting whole garlic. Mine only needed 45 minutes to cook....otherwise started to get too dark. Thanks for sharing! Made for Best of 2014 tag game on yuku.