Recipe by gourmetguru
This recipe is oh so yummy! My husband is a potato lover and I fennel, so one night I had both on hand and threw them together. 25 minutes or so into cooking I felt that the dish lacked something, so I threw in some gorgonzola and wow did it add a great flavor! Gorgonzola can be omitted but make sure you add a bit more salt. This dish will be a great accompaniment to sausage. Perhaps throw the sausage right in with the potatoes!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1in . cubes (skin on)
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into 2 in. wedges
- 1 large onions or 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a roasting pan, mix potatoes, fennel and onion.
- Drizzle in olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to coat.
- Cook 25 minute.
- Add gorgonzola, being careful when mixing in so as to not "mash" the potatoes.
- Cook 8 more minutes, then set oven to broil.
- Broil 1-2 minute to brown and slightly crisp the potatoes.