1/1 Photo of Roasted Potatoes (Sukhi Bhaji)
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Another recipe, untried by me, found on Greeting India that I am posting for ZWT. It calls for fenugreek seeds, which I haven't seen in my local grocery store, so if you can't find it, could double the mustard seeds, as it is a recommended substitute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Cut potatoes into medium dice.
- 22. Grease a sheet pan with 1 tbsp of oil, spread potatoes evenly on the pan, and roast in the oven until a fork pieces easily but potatoes remain firm. (alternative: potatoes may simply be boiled in their skins and then chopped)
- 33. If desired, peel potatoes after they have cooled slightly.
- 44. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan. Add turmeric, chili powder, mustard seeds, cumin powder, fenugreek seeds, and cumin seeds. Toast lightly.
- 55. Add onion and the remainder of the oil. Lower the heat on the pan to medium.
- 66. Add the potatoes to the pan, stiring gently to coat them with the spices.
- 77. Warm the potatoes through on high heat, taking care not to break them. (about 3 minutes)
- 88. Garnish with coriander, serve hot with rice, parathas or rotis.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potatoes (Sukhi Bhaji)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g