Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love roasted vegetables. This is an easy and simply delicious recipe by Jamie Oliver. Your veggies will be crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Yum!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes (I use Idaho or Russet)
- 6 parsnips
- 6 carrots
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, approx
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the veggies and halve any larger ones lengthways. I like to quarter my potatoes (sometimes more if they are large).
- Break the garlic bulb into cloves, smash them slightly and take peels off. (Jamie leaves his unpeeled, but I prefer the garlic peeled.).
- Pick the rosemary leaves off the stalks.
- Put the potatoes and carrots into a large pan of salted boiling water on high heat and bring back to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, then add the parsnips and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Drain the veggies in a colander and allow to steam dry.
- Take the carrots and parsnips out and set aside.
- "Fluff" the potatoes in the colander by shaking it around a little. It's important to do this if you want the yummy crispy bits and edges.
- Put a large roasting pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and rosemary leaves. Then put all the veggies into the pan with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir them around to get them well coated.
- Spread the veggies evenly out into one layer. This is important, so they will roast, not steam.
- Put them into the preheated oven and cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. This will depend on your oven. I like to stir them up at least once while cooking. Watch so they don't burn.
This was a great recipe. My potatoes were so mushy after the roasting, and I think it was because of the double cooking (boiling then roasting). So I think I'll just not boil them the next time I make this recipe, and just let them roast in the oven. But the three (potatoes, parsnips, and carrots) were a great combo. Thanks, LifeIsGood. Made for Culinary Quest 2015 (Ireland).
I love roasted veggies, this was lovely, and so easy to follow. Parsnips, yum, not something I often think to buy but so good, must do this more often!! Made for QUEST 2015 (Ireland), thanks for sharing!!
Delicious! This is easy and tasty, and the combo of boiling/steaming to dry then roasting made for perfectly textured veggies. I halved the recipe for two of us and ended up with some delicious leftovers I am looking forward to enjoying later. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14