1/7 Photos of Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots
1 hr 30 mins
I love roasted vegetables. This is an easy and simply delicious recipe by Jamie Oliver. Your veggies will be crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Peel the veggies and halve any larger ones lengthways. I like to quarter my potatoes (sometimes more if they are large).
- 3Break the garlic bulb into cloves, smash them slightly and take peels off. (Jamie leaves his unpeeled, but I prefer the garlic peeled.).
- 4Pick the rosemary leaves off the stalks.
- 5Put the potatoes and carrots into a large pan of salted boiling water on high heat and bring back to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes, then add the parsnips and cook for another 4 minutes.
- 6Drain the veggies in a colander and allow to steam dry.
- 7Take the carrots and parsnips out and set aside.
- 8"Fluff" the potatoes in the colander by shaking it around a little. It's important to do this if you want the yummy crispy bits and edges.
- 9Put a large roasting pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add the garlic and rosemary leaves. Then put all the veggies into the pan with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir them around to get them well coated.
- 10Spread the veggies evenly out into one layer. This is important, so they will roast, not steam.
- 11Put them into the preheated oven and cook for about 45 minutes to an hour. This will depend on your oven. I like to stir them up at least once while cooking. Watch so they don't burn.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potatoes, Parsnips and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 96.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: