Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
For my 46th birthday my husband treated me to a one-evening cooking course. It must have been one of the most enjoyable evenings I've ever had. This recipe is from that course. It was a meat-laden course, but these potatoes served as the perfect foil to the meal.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees centigrade.
- Do not peel the potatoes. Cook them in boiling water until soft. Cool until the potatoes are comfortable to hold in your hand.
- Halve the cooked potatoes and score the undersides in a crisscross pattern. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and fresh herbs to the bowl. Mix well until the potatoes are all coated.
- Place the potatoes cut side up in a roasting pan and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
Let me be the first to give this recipe its 5 BIG stars. The flavour is fantastic, and I love the crispiness around the edges. The only herb I used was fresh lemon thyme from my garden, as I was making this in conjuction with the "December Herb/Spice of the Month = THYME" forum. The leaves became crunchie, which was so amazingly good. Thanks Mirj for posting such a great recipe. Ahhhhh more comfort food!!!