Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderfully flavorful side dish!
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters (approx. 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 quart green beans (I use frozen)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400^.
- Spray a jellyroll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss potatoes in a zip-top bag with 2 T. olive oil.
- Scatter on pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender, approximately 50 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In the meantime, cook the green beans in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes.
- Drain beans and pat dry.
- Place beans, tomatoes, and garlic in another zip-top bag.
- Add 2 T. olive oil and shake to mix.
- When potatoes are tender, add the bean mixture and roast another 8 minutes.
We really enjoyed this dish!!!! The salt, pepper and garlic added nice flavor to the vegetables without overpowering them. Great way to enjoy those wonderful fresh veggies right out of the garden. Thanks so much for sharing it, ~Paula~.
We thought this was a wonderful dish! While we decided we didn't like the taste/texture of the roasted tomatoes, we did love everything else. Everyone asked me to put this on the regular menu rotation, and I think next time I will add some mushrooms and some squash. Thanks for the recipe, Paula!
the bean mixture was too squishy for potatoes but I like the method of roasting the potatoes and they did come out yummy.