Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a combination of several recipes I've seen on food.com and on other sites. This can be very versatile, using whatever type of potatoes and veggies you have on hand, IMO, all veggies taste best when they are roasted. :-) You can also change or add whatever herbs and spices you prefer or happen have on hand and adjust amounts according to your taste. I used dry herbs but I'm sure fresh would be even better.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 2 large roasted pans or casserole dishes with non-stick spray. .
- Wash and chop potatoes in to large bite-sized pieces (try to chop roughly the same size for even cooking). Feel free to peel the potatoes before chopping them, I did. .
- After rinsing potatoes dry very well with paper towels or a clean dish towel. .
- Divide potatoes evenly between the roasting pans. .
- Add baby carrots to both roasting pans. .
- Slice dark green parts and end of root tip off of the leeks. .
- Slice the leek vertically from light green end toward root, but leave it attached at the root. .
- Turn the leek over on its side and slice it vertically again. .
- Rinse the heck out of the leek, making sure there is no grit in between the layers. .
- Chop the leeks in to 1 inch pieces. .
- Reserve the leeks for later. .
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and carrots and season liberally with salt, pepper and herbs of your choice (I used dried parsley and thyme). .
- Make sure potatoes and carrots are in a single layer, if they overlap they went crisp up as well for you. .
- Place in a 400 degree oven in the top 1/3 of the oven for 30 minutes. .
- Remove the pans from the oven, add the leeks and the minced garlic and a touch more oil if necessary, and turn the potatoes and carrots and combine with the leeks and garlic. .
- Place pans back in to the oven and continue to roast for an additional 25-30 minutes until it is as cooked through and browned and crispy as you prefer. .
- *I used one metal roasting pan and one ceramic casserole pan and the potatoes and carrots browned faster and nicer in the metal pan. .
- **making sure the potatoes and vegetables are dry before adding to the pan and drizzling with oil will help them to crisp up better. .