Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy roasted vegetable dish.
Make and share this Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, and Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- 6 small potatoes, scrubbed and sliced thinly (peel if desired)
- 2 cups sliced carrots (or halved baby carrots)
- 1 fennel bulb, washed, trimmed and cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a large bowl, place sliced potatoes, carrots, and fennel; add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Pour into a roasting pan/casserole dish. Roast, uncovered for 35-45 minutes or until veggies are tender.
Easy & great! I added a bit of dried dill. I never have roasted fennel before & now I have a new favorite!
Saw this recipe in the Fennel thread (7-09) and I had some fennel I wanted to use. I'm not a big fan of the licorice flavor. I tried this without the carrots and it was pretty good! So I'll have a recipe to use when I get fennel in my CSA box.
This is a great side dish. I love fennel. Even people who don't like it raw might like it roasted, it gets so mellow. I skipped the butter in this, and only used a light sprinkle of salt. Thanks, Parsley!