Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simply roasted with shallots, salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil, this tasty vegetable combo makes a winning side dish! No shallots, a red onion, cut into thin wedges, will also work well. I found this recipe in Woman's World magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby red potatoes, quartered (4 cups)
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed (2 cups)
- 4 large shallots, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine potatoes, green beans, shallots, oil, salt and pepper; toss until well coated.
- Spread in single layer in roasting pan; roast 45 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time, until potatoes and shallots are golden brown. Transfer to serving dish; stir in parsley.
This was easy and I love the combo of potatoes and green beans. The only thing I would do differently the next time is cut my potatoes up much smaller as my green beans got done way ahead of my potatoes. Otherwise, it was great.