This recipe is an adaption of a recipe found in Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Healthful Cooking. The roasting blends the flavors and produces a delightful side dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Brush mushrooms clean and trim the ends of the stems.
- Cut the mushrooms in half through the stem.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the onion into wedges approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Seperate the garlic into cloves and peel.
- Trim ends from green beans, wash and break into 1-inch lengths.
- Set green beans aside.
- In prepared casserole, combine the mushrooms, potatoes, garlic and onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat evenly.
- Roast vegetables until they begin to brown on the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Add the broken green beans to casserole dish and carefully turn and rearrange vegetables in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Return to oven and continue to roast until the vegetables are browned and tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and thyme over the vegetables.
- Return to oven and cook for 5 minutes longer to melt the cheese.