Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is an adaption of a recipe found in Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Healthful Cooking. The roasting blends the flavors and produces a delightful side dish.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is going into my Best of Cookbook! I used red potatoes but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I loved the crispy potatoes and green beans and the roasted garlic cloves it a nice addition. Will be making these often! Made for Down on the Farm Tag.
- 8 -10 italian brown button mushrooms
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, approximately 1/2 pound total weight
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 head garlic
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Brush mushrooms clean and trim the ends of the stems.
- Cut the mushrooms in half through the stem.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the onion into wedges approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Seperate the garlic into cloves and peel.
- Trim ends from green beans, wash and break into 1-inch lengths.
- Set green beans aside.
- In prepared casserole, combine the mushrooms, potatoes, garlic and onion.
- Drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat evenly.
- Roast vegetables until they begin to brown on the edges, about 30 minutes.
- Add the broken green beans to casserole dish and carefully turn and rearrange vegetables in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Return to oven and continue to roast until the vegetables are browned and tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and thyme over the vegetables.
- Return to oven and cook for 5 minutes longer to melt the cheese.