Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
In most homes this Thanksgiving season, it's the proud turkey that serves as the centerpiece of the holiday meal. But let's not forget the humble side dishes that help to make this memorable meal complete. Like this flavorful and fresh roasted vegetable dish that is sure to receive ooooh's and ahhhh's from your dinner guests. The little additons like the prosciutto, crushed red pepper and zesty Italian dressing give this roasted potatoe and corn side dish a healty helping of 'autumn-zing'.
- 1 lb potato (New or Red)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing (Balsamic Vinegar Based)
- 2 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Halve potatoes; toss in dressing with the onion - coat well. Place potatoes and onion in a large/wide baking pan.
- Brush corn with olive oil; add to baking pan. Sprinkle vegetables lightly with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Roast in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Cool just long enough until corn can be easily handled; cut corn off of the cobs.
- Transfer potatoes and onions to a warmed serving platter; place potatoes cut side down. Top with corn and sprinkle with prosciutto. Garnish with parsley.