Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a recipe I found at epicurious.com. You could use more olive oil if it is your preference. I tend to cook with as little oil as I can get away with.
- 10 ounces ruby gold baby potatoes
- 3⁄4 lb cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- fat free sour cream (for serving) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes in half, about ½ inch pieces. In a large Ziploc bag, toss potatoes, garlic, a few sprays of cooking spray to coat, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put potatoes in a glass baking dish and roast, uncovered, for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While potatoes are roasting, put cauliflower in the same Ziploc bag, toss with more salt and pepper to taste, and a few sprays of cooking spray to coat.
- When 15 minutes are up, stir the cauliflower into the potatoes, mixing well. Roast for 10-15 minutes more, until cauliflower is tender and starting to golden.
- Toss with fresh chives and serve with sour cream if desired!
I made this as written and this was good and easy to make. This was a nice change. I think my kids would have liked it a bit more with a cheese sauce on top. Might try that next time. Made these on the grill.