Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just purchase a small bag of baby carrots and use the whole bag for this, or use regular peeled carrots cut into about 2-inch chunks. Try to use a good quality olive oil for this. After you have been making this for a while you will know just how much to adjust your salt and garlic, the amounts listed are about the amounts I use when I make this, but all ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste, if you are a garlic-lover use lots of garlic, after cooking the garlic flavor will mellow and will not as strong, so don't be intimated by 8 cloves! This can be made hours in advance and just rewarmed. If you find that the baby carrots are done before the potatoes just remove them to a bowl. I make this very often, it is a simple side dish with lots of flavor, I roast all of my root veggies using the same method and ingredients, rutabagas, parsnips, beets, large chunky size carrots and even sweet potatoes or yams, just peel them and chop into 2-inch pieces (larger size for yams). This is a fantastic side dish, simple and delicious!
- 907.18-1360.77 g red potatoes, peeled and cut into about 2-inch pieces
- 1182.95-1419.54 ml baby carrots (can use more or less)
- 4-8 garlic cloves, finely chopped (garlic lovers use 8, can even use a whole bulb!)
- 78.07 ml olive oil (you can use more or less)
- 29.58 ml coarse salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Dry the veggies well with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare a large non-stick baking sheet, you can line with foil and spray the foil liberally with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, chopped garlic, coarse salt and black pepper; mix well to combine.
- Pour over the veggies and toss to coat with a wooden spoon or clean hands.
- Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast in oven for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender, tossing occasionally with a spatula (might take more or less time depending on the size of potatoes).
I altered the recipe slightly for our tastes: 1 T Kosher Salt & 1 T Italian Seasoning - absolutely delicious! We all loved this side dish!
YUM! I used garlic powder because I don't like the flavor of burned garlic.
Oh Yum! These were delicious! I also had to cook awhile (I did using russet potatoes, unpeeled). I did about a half hour at 425 (while I cooked cornbread)and then about another half hour at 400. I did cut the salt down to One Tablespoon or just under, and it was perfect! I'm sure if I'd had more, I would have liked it, but I didn't miss it at all and it was healthier this way. Also, I accidently used a little more oil (which I will not next time) but there will definately be a next time! My 18 month old totally ignored his cornbread to eat this up! I preferred it myself :)