1/3 Photos of Roasted Potatoes and Baby Carrots With Garlic
I just purchase a small bag of baby carrots and use the whole bag for this, or use regular peeled carrots cut into about 2-inch chunks. Try to use a good quality olive oil for this. After you have been making this for a while you will know just how much to adjust your salt and garlic, the amounts listed are about the amounts I use when I make this, but all ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste, if you are a garlic-lover use lots of garlic, after cooking the garlic flavor will mellow and will not as strong, so don't be intimated by 8 cloves! This can be made hours in advance and just rewarmed. If you find that the baby carrots are done before the potatoes just remove them to a bowl. I make this very often, it is a simple side dish with lots of flavor, I roast all of my root veggies using the same method and ingredients, rutabagas, parsnips, beets, large chunky size carrots and even sweet potatoes or yams, just peel them and chop into 2-inch pieces (larger size for yams). This is a fantastic side dish, simple and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into about 2-inch pieces
- 5 -6 cups baby carrots (can use more or less)
- 4 -8 garlic cloves, finely chopped (garlic lovers use 8, can even use a whole bulb!)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (you can use more or less)
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Dry the veggies well with a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
- 2Prepare a large non-stick baking sheet, you can line with foil and spray the foil liberally with cooking spray.
- 3In a small bowl combine olive oil, chopped garlic, coarse salt and black pepper; mix well to combine.
- 4Pour over the veggies and toss to coat with a wooden spoon or clean hands.
- 5Set oven to 400 degrees F.
- 6Roast in oven for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender, tossing occasionally with a spatula (might take more or less time depending on the size of potatoes).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potatoes and Baby Carrots With Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2436.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g