Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe recently; the lemon juice really gives an unexpected kick to the potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- In medium bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, thyme, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place in lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 40 minutes or until tender.
This is a solid, good, basic recipe. I didn't know how to roast potatoes; now I do. This will go into the recipe book I make for my daughter when she leaves home.
These were so good, and so easy to make! I threw the seasonings and potatoes in a ziploc bag to coat, and placed them on a foil-lined baking sheet sprayed with pam so i wouldn't have to clean up. They came out crispy on the outside and soft and crumbly inside. Delicious! I even re-heated the leftovers this morning and had them with scrambled eggs and ketchup. Thanks for a simple, tasty treat.
I used 3 large Ilam Hardy potatoes (not red) cooked for about 1 hour and served 4 adults. The lemon is the key to a tasty non greasy roast potato. Thanks for posting.