Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really simple and super easy recipe for amazing roasted potatoes. I left the garlic cloves whole last time, and they came out crisp and delicious.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, cut in 1 1/2 to 2-inch chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in large chunks
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash dried marjoram or 1 dash basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Line a large shallow baking pan with foil;
- spray with cooking spray or lightly grease.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or food storage bag;
- toss to coat thoroughly.
- Arrange in the baking pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes,
- until potatoes are tender and nicely browned.
These will be making frequent visits to our house! Loved the garlic and herbs, and the potatoes roasted were roasted perfectly. I did broil the potatoes for the last 5 minutes to brown them up a bit. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
Absolutely delicious! I prepared as written, but did leave the garlic cloves whole (peeled.) Also, I used russet potatoes (what I had on hand.) Beautiful combination of herbs & spices. Thanks so much for an easy, scrumptious recipe!