Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
The trick to making good roasted potatoes is to not be in a rush baking them and giving them time to brown and crisp up. You can also cook these at the same time that you are cooking a roast or chicken in the oven, sometimes they may take longer than the roast but that's okay, you can finish browning them while you carve your roast and make the gravy.
- 8 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons granulated garlic or 1⁄2 cup fresh minced garlic
- Peel and wash potatoes and cut in half and dry, I use a tea towel for this or use paper towels.
- Spray a very large roasting pan that will fit the potatoes in one layer with Pam spray.
- Put the potatoes in the pan and mix the rest of the ingredients with the potatoes to make sure all the potatoes are coated.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven uncovered for approximately 1 hour or until browned turning at least twice while cooking making sure each time that the potatoes are coated with oil and seasonings.
These just didn't do it for us. They were swimming in olive oil and could have used a bit more seasoning. I made 1/2 recipe. This was made for Pick A Chef spring 2008.
We really enjoyed the flavor and texture of these melt in your mouth potatoes. The crispy, tender potatoes were excellent. They were quick and easy to make, using common ingredients that are found in most kitchens. Thanks so much for sharing Mainely Debbie.
Forgot to review these excellent potatoes that I served with Meatloaf some time ago. A great combination of seasonings. I used fresh minced garlic and a little less oregano, personal preference.