Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love these potates with barbecued chicken. The cheese sauce is also nice on baked potatoes with broccoli added.
- 3 large baking potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon imitation bacon bits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly onto baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and turn potatoes.
- Bake for 10 additional minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add flour and stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese, green onions, bacon bits and pepper.
- Serve potato wedges with warm cheese sauce.
These were absolutely to DIE for! These are JUST like potato skins...but a LOT easier to make! I absolutely loved them. Thank you for sharing such a fabulous recipe! XO LA :-)