Recipe by Dancer^
I love these potates with barbecued chicken. The cheese sauce is also nice on baked potatoes with broccoli added.
Top Review by L.A. Stewart
These were absolutely to DIE for! These are JUST like potato skins...but a LOT easier to make! I absolutely loved them. Thank you for sharing such a fabulous recipe! XO LA :-)
- 3 large baking potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon imitation bacon bits
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a resealable plastic bag, toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly onto baking pan and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and turn potatoes.
- Bake for 10 additional minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add flour and stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add milk and stir until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese, green onions, bacon bits and pepper.
- Serve potato wedges with warm cheese sauce.