Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Home fries taste soooo much better than deep-fried fast-food junk! Not to mention that they stand head and shoulders above Micky D’s in health benefits :-) These red potato wedges are tossed with olive oil, garlic, and a variety of flavorful herbs...they will be a great side to any grilled meat, or they’ll compliment a variety of other dishes. This recipe is from a Pampered Chef cookbook.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut red potatoes into wedges, each about 1 inch wide.
- Place potatoes in 9x13 baking dish, mince garlic over potatoes, and add remaining ingredients; toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes in single layer in dish, and bake 40-45 minutes at 450 degrees or until golden brown and crisp-tender, stirring after 20 minutes.
I used regular potatoes but that didn't seem to make a difference in this recipe. It was super easy to make and very good!! We both went back for seconds.
Yummy! I was even eating them cold! Thanks for sharing this recipe!