Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a really tasty appetizer. Great for New Years Eve or Superbowl Sunday.
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes well and prick each several times with a fork.
- Bake until tender, about 1 1/4 hours and cool.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into thirds.
- With a spoon, scoop out centers, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Place skins on a jelly roll pan and let dry at least 1 hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with Worcestershire sauce.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute and strain.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Brush potato skins on both sides with flavored butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Serve immediately with accompaniments such as sour cream, bacon, and cheese.