1/1 Photo of Roasted Potato Salad
This is a superb and unusual potato salad that calls for roasted garlic, potatoes and peppers. No mayo! You've got to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To roast vegetables: Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Wrap peeled garlic cloves together in foil with a few drops of olive oil and put in oven for the same time you will be roasting the peppers and potatoes, around 35 minutes.
- 3Cut potatoes in half and cut red peppers into half inch pieces.
- 4In a large bowl, toss potatoes, bell peppers and 3 TBS olive oil, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Arrange potatoes and bell peppers in one layer, divided amongst 2 shallow baking pans.
- 6Roast in the middle and lower third of the oven, switching positions of the pans halfway through the roasting time, for a total of 35 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- 7To make salad: After potatoes are done,remove pans from oven and immediately toss roasted potatoes and peppers with 2 TBS balsamic vinegar.
- 8Cool and remove garlic from foil.
- 9Squeeze cloves into a small bowl and mash with a fork with remaining 1/2 TBS olive oil and 1 TBS balsamic vinegar.
- 10Toss together with potatoes and peppers.
- 11Just before serving, add fresh basil.
- 12Serve at room temperature.
- 13Optional items you could add for a main dish meal: goat cheese, toasted pine nuts, grilled chicken, grilled tuna, etc.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g