Prep 12 mins
Cook 45 mins
I think this recipe originally came from a Good Housekeeping magazine.
- 5 lbs red potatoes, medium-size cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large lemon
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, toss potatoes with 2T olive oil.
- Place potatoes in 2 jelly-roll pans(15 1/2 X10 1/2- inches).
- Roast potatoes 45 minutes, switching pans between upper and lower racks halfway through baking.
- Turn them occasionally with a pancake turner, until golden and fork tender.
- When cooked, remove to a large bowl.
- Grate peel from lemon.
- Squeeze enough juice to equal 2 tablespoons.
- Add lemon peel, lemon juice, parsley, salt, rosemary, thyme, sugar, pepper and 2 tablesoon olive oil, toss until potatoes are well coated.
- Serve potatoes warm or at room temperature.
Nice little salad. I scaled the recipe back to serve two, utilized some baby potatoes I had on hand and used fresh herbs. :)