2 hrs 15 mins
Alittle more work then your regular potato salad but worth every minute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs new potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped and browned until crispy
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- 3Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 4Remove the potatoes from the oven and cool completely.
- 5In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, add the egg, juice from one lemon, mustard, garlic, and green onions. Puree until smooth.
- 6Season the mixture with salt and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add the remaining olive oil until all of the oil is used and the mixture is thick.
- 7Reseason the mayonnaise with salt and pepper.
- 8In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the bacon, red onions, sliced eggs, parsley and dill.
- 9Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir in the mayonnaise and the remaining lemon juice.
- 10Mix thoroughly.
- 11Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 735.5
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 202.3 mg
- Sodium 409.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g