Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Alittle more work then your regular potato salad but worth every minute.
Make and share this Roasted Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs new potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped and browned until crispy
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and cool completely.
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, add the egg, juice from one lemon, mustard, garlic, and green onions. Puree until smooth.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add the remaining olive oil until all of the oil is used and the mixture is thick.
- Reseason the mayonnaise with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the bacon, red onions, sliced eggs, parsley and dill.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir in the mayonnaise and the remaining lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.