Recipe by Lainey39
Recipe is from Rachael Ray.
Top Review by Soup Lady
I made this a couple of years ago when that issue was published and just thought of it when going through old magazines. It was pretty good, not the most flavorful meal in the world, but we added parmesan cheese to it and it was good. Might have to make it again soon!
- 3 large baking potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb small penne pasta, such as pennette rigate
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450°.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; arrange in an even layer.
- Roast until golden and crisp at the edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the parsley, butter and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper; add the potatoes and toss again.